What to do with "Microsoft Remote Display Adapter"?

chris89

Post by chris89 »

I see Microsoft Remote Display Adapter in DDU & idk what to do with it. I'm getting fps loss while recording AMD Radeon Software 21.11.3 & AMD-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-22.4.1-Win10-Win11-April5 doesn't record at all, it crashes if I try to record Call Of Duty WWII on a RX 480 @ 4k. It doesn't do it on the 21.11.3 drivers, but I'm getting FPS loss with 21.11.3. I'm wondering if the Microsoft Remote Display Adapter interferes any?

Thanks
Microsoft Remote Display Adapter.jpg
Microsoft Remote Display Adapter 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: What to do with "Microsoft Remote Display Adapter"?

Post by Wagnard »

chris89 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:02 pm I see Microsoft Remote Display Adapter in DDU & idk what to do with it. I'm getting fps loss while recording AMD Radeon Software 21.11.3 & AMD-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-22.4.1-Win10-Win11-April5 doesn't record at all, it crashes if I try to record Call Of Duty WWII on a RX 480 @ 4k. It doesn't do it on the 21.11.3 drivers, but I'm getting FPS loss with 21.11.3. I'm wondering if the Microsoft Remote Display Adapter interferes any?

Thanks

Microsoft Remote Display Adapter.jpg
Microsoft Remote Display Adapter 2.jpg
These should not cause any performance issues, they are mostly used when you are using Remove Desktop Connection (mstsc).
Your issue is elsewhere.
chris89

Post by chris89 »

Thank you
mcleanross

Post by mcleanross »

I'm having the same problem, searched all forums but no response.
cookie clicker
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

mcleanross wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am I'm having the same problem, searched all forums but no response.
cookie clicker
Its not a problem. it just mean you have used remote desktop connection to that computer.
gwendolynkfa

Post by gwendolynkfa »

I admit that some may think asking someone to help with report writing is a waste of time. I would like to have strong analytical and writing skills, but I can't. Maybe I'll develop them in the future, but I don't have much hope for it. Well, recently I was assigned to write a report on a certain situation. By the way, if you think that essay and report are similar, you're deeply mistaken. I can craft a good essay myself but writing a report is something I can't master.
FizzyMyNizzy

Post by FizzyMyNizzy »

gwendolynkfa wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:57 am I admit that some may think asking someone to help with report writing is a waste of time. I would like to have strong analytical and writing skills, but I can't. Maybe I'll develop them in the future, but I don't have much hope for it. Well, recently I was assigned to write a report on a certain situation. By the way, if you think that essay and report are similar, you're deeply mistaken. I can craft a good essay myself but writing a report is something I can't master.
I deleted that person comment. It was advertisement spam.
CPU: AMD R7-5800X auto with IF 1900Mhz stable.
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 4000MHz DDR4 (2000Mhz) 4x8GB(32GB) XMP
MB: ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming, Bios 4403 stable
GPU: nVidia MSI Gaming GTX 1070 8GB.
mordy

Post by mordy »

When I run the latest DDU 18.0.6.4 I see thousands (#3873 to be exact) "Detected: Microsoft Remote Display Adapter" messages. It takes about 5 minutes after startup for the Log section to stop scrolling. It's kind of a huge pain to use the software when it's happening too. Is there any reason this is happening (i.e. a Windows setting) or something I can do to prevent thousands more from being stacked on? This computer was only built 3 months ago and I can imagine after a year or two I could have 10-20k of these entries and DDU fails takes an hour after start.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

mordy wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:05 am When I run the latest DDU 18.0.6.4 I see thousands (#3873 to be exact) "Detected: Microsoft Remote Display Adapter" messages. It takes about 5 minutes after startup for the Log section to stop scrolling. It's kind of a huge pain to use the software when it's happening too. Is there any reason this is happening (i.e. a Windows setting) or something I can do to prevent thousands more from being stacked on? This computer was only built 3 months ago and I can imagine after a year or two I could have 10-20k of these entries and DDU fails takes an hour after start.
You have quite an unusually high amount of theses.
I'll see if I can do something on my end.
mordy

Post by mordy »

Wagnard wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:06 pm You have quite an unusually high amount of theses.
I'll see if I can do something on my end.
I wondering if every time I log into RDP -- or someone else tries to -- it creates a new one. I had some hackers who were pounding my RDP endpoint several times a minute for a couple days before I IP blocked them, so that'd probably account for why I'm averaging 43 of these "displays" a day. Do you know if there's some way I can clean up these records on my end either?