AMD Chipset missing files after using DDU

vitor_stwr

Post by vitor_stwr »

Hi!

I'm quite new to using DDU, despite having used this tool a few times. I use the tool with its default values and recently I noticed that when doing this, some files on my AMD Chipset seem to be deleted.

After I use the DDU and go to the chipset installer in the control panel, the chipset installer shows me a message saying that some files are missing and therefore cannot continue.

I would like to know if there is any option or procedure that I can do while using the DDU tool that prevents it from deleting these files so that I don't have to reinstall the chipset every time I use the DDU.

Specs:

Windows 10 21h1
APU: Ryzen 3 2200G
Motherboard: Asrock A320M-HD
16gb ram

I would like an answer that solves the problem, but any information will help. So thanks in advance to those who comment here! :D

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: AMD Chipset missing files after using DDU

Post by Wagnard »

vitor_stwr wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:36 pm Hi!

I'm quite new to using DDU, despite having used this tool a few times. I use the tool with its default values and recently I noticed that when doing this, some files on my AMD Chipset seem to be deleted.

After I use the DDU and go to the chipset installer in the control panel, the chipset installer shows me a message saying that some files are missing and therefore cannot continue.

I would like to know if there is any option or procedure that I can do while using the DDU tool that prevents it from deleting these files so that I don't have to reinstall the chipset every time I use the DDU.

Specs:

Windows 10 21h1
APU: Ryzen 3 2200G
Motherboard: Asrock A320M-HD
16gb ram

I would like an answer that solves the problem, but any information will help. So thanks in advance to those who comment here! :D
Hi,
This is usually not supposed to happen and I would like more details about this.
What chipset installer specifically, screenshot of error message, the DDU Logs folder would help us a lot.

Are you using other tools to clean with DDU ?

Thanks