After DDU - my USB-C no longer behaves properly

softgrip

Post by softgrip »

* LOGS HAVE BEEN EMAILED TO [email protected] *

Description of Problem:

USB-C peripherals are briefly freezing after running DDU. Before DDU, there were no issues.

The USB-C port is in the RTX 2080ti.

After DDU + reinstall of Nvidia drivers (516.59), devices connected USB-C hub now frequenctly freeze for ~=0.5s.

These are the same drivers that were installed previously, without issue for the USB-C hub.

I have 3 wireless adapters, and a bluetooth adapter plugged into the HUB. (2 mice, keyboard and bluetooth).

This means the keyboard, and both wireless mice are almost useless - as they continually freeze for ~=0.5s everyone few seconds since the DDU + Reinstall.

Troubleshooting:

Plugged all devices individually into front mounted USB - all fine.

Tested without USB-C extension cable.

All device drivers are up to date - ran DriverEasy to confirm this.

Problem is NOT present during the windows "recovery" screen - so only present while in actual windows.

--- Specs ---
DDU: v18.0.5.1

Computer Type: Desktop - custom built.

GPU: Asus Rog Strix Gaming OC 11GB.

CPU: Intel Core 12700k, no overclock

Motherboard: Asus Prime z690-p D4 CSM

RAM: 64gb GSkill Ripjaws 3200, XMP enabled

PSU: Corsair 860w AX860 Platinum

Operating System & Version: Windows 11 Pro - Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000

GPU Drivers: 516.59

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: After DDU - my USB-C no longer behaves properly

Post by Wagnard »

softgrip wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:33 am * LOGS HAVE BEEN EMAILED TO [email protected] *

Description of Problem:

USB-C peripherals are briefly freezing after running DDU. Before DDU, there were no issues.

The USB-C port is in the RTX 2080ti.

After DDU + reinstall of Nvidia drivers (516.59), devices connected USB-C hub now frequenctly freeze for ~=0.5s.

These are the same drivers that were installed previously, without issue for the USB-C hub.

I have 3 wireless adapters, and a bluetooth adapter plugged into the HUB. (2 mice, keyboard and bluetooth).

This means the keyboard, and both wireless mice are almost useless - as they continually freeze for ~=0.5s everyone few seconds since the DDU + Reinstall.

Troubleshooting:

Plugged all devices individually into front mounted USB - all fine.

Tested without USB-C extension cable.

All device drivers are up to date - ran DriverEasy to confirm this.

Problem is NOT present during the windows "recovery" screen - so only present while in actual windows.

--- Specs ---
DDU: v18.0.5.1

Computer Type: Desktop - custom built.

GPU: Asus Rog Strix Gaming OC 11GB.

CPU: Intel Core 12700k, no overclock

Motherboard: Asus Prime z690-p D4 CSM

RAM: 64gb GSkill Ripjaws 3200, XMP enabled

PSU: Corsair 860w AX860 Platinum

Operating System & Version: Windows 11 Pro - Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000

GPU Drivers: 516.59
Thanks for the report, I will look at the logs soon. From the sound of it, it look more as a driver bug than a removal issue. But it sure is strange that it happen with the same driver. A possible cause would be a windows update.
For the USB-C what DDU does is quite simple, uninstall the driver and remove the driver files. That's all.
If DDU would broke something it will be something like prevent a new driver from reinstalling.
Try to check you device manager especially under USB is something seems wrong or even not named correctly.
You could try to reinstall the driver (either with DDU or the nvidia clean install option)
Why did you DDU your driver to reinstall the same driver? Doesn't make any sense to me.
Did you have already a problem before to re-install the same driver ?
Anyway I will check your log just in case.