Wagnardsoft Tools (WTools) V1.0.2.1 Released.

Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Requirement:
-Windows 7* SP1+
* Windows 7 SP1 is supported with Extended Security Updates installed.

What is WTools:
- Clean unused Registry keys.
- Remove temporary Files from Windows, Current user and Browsers to free some space.
- Repair Windows corrupted system files.
- Enable / Disable MSI (Message Signaled Interrupts) for Nvidia cards pre RTX3xxx (will support all PCI device in future update)
- SSD Trimming with custom size.
- Opening a command prompt (CMD.exe) and REGEDIT with SYSTEM privilege for advance file / registry manipulation.
- and more.

*** WARNING ***
Use at your own RISK.
WTools should not delete important Registry keys, Backup option is for extra safety.

Changelog:
-Wtools is now "Self-contained", .Net core runtime is not needed anymore.
-Added the ability to disable a process timer resolution Throttling behavior in Windows 11
-Miscellaneous fix and improvements.

Known issues:
-

SHA1: 1F731940E6EB1237FCBE604555E5DA1F6BE78BAF

Here is an application from 1 of my partner that we recommend.
It is a useful tool that may help you update outdated drivers.

***Official Download Here***

If you wish to help WTools, you can make a Donation.
Or
Bitcoin : bc1q5qqjq97c33r46agjareeqjjaf865x6zmtekhzx
Support us over our PATREON page.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Nawor

Re: Wagnardsoft Tools (WTools) V1.0.2.1 Released.

Post by Nawor »

Hello,
Nice simple soft, can you please tell me what disable process timer resolution throttling do ?
Since I missclicked on "rundll32" --'

Thanks
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Nawor wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:22 pm Hello,
Nice simple soft, can you please tell me what disable process timer resolution throttling do ?
Since I missclicked on "rundll32" --'

Thanks
Here is the microsoft explanation.
Note that if you reboot your computer or if the process is closed / reopened, the effect is gone.

When a process opts into enabling PROCESS_POWER_THROTTLING_IGNORE_TIMER_RESOLUTION, any current timer resolution requests made by the process will be ignored. Timers belonging to the process are no longer guaranteed to expire with higher timer resolution, which can improve power efficiency. After explicitly disabling PROCESS_POWER_THROTTLING_IGNORE_TIMER_RESOLUTION, the system remembers and honors any previous timer resolution request by the process. By default in Windows 11 if a window owning process becomes fully occluded, minimized, or otherwise non-visible to the end user, and non-audible, Windows may automatically ignore the timer resolution request and thus does not guarantee a higher resolution than the default system resolution.
jj8642

Post by jj8642 »

Just wondering with the "disable process timer resolution throttling", if you request this for a process is there a way to reverse it (re-enable process timer resolution throttling)? It may be unnecessary/irrelevant, however I had unintentionally clicked this for a process :?

Thanks!
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

jj8642 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:21 am Just wondering with the "disable process timer resolution throttling", if you request this for a process is there a way to reverse it (re-enable process timer resolution throttling)? It may be unnecessary/irrelevant, however I had unintentionally clicked this for a process :?

Thanks!
This change is not permanent, when the process exit it disappear.
So on every launch it has to be set.
AndreyRGW

Post by AndreyRGW »

Wagnard wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:27 pm -Added the ability to disable a process timer resolution Throttling behavior in Windows 11
Hi! Can you add this feature to the ISLC or will you have to rewrite everything?

Thanks in advance for the answer!
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

AndreyRGW wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:55 pm
Wagnard wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:27 pm -Added the ability to disable a process timer resolution Throttling behavior in Windows 11
Hi! Can you add this feature to the ISLC or will you have to rewrite everything?

Thanks in advance for the answer!
I'll evaluate this.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

phewutility wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:23 am Just curious whether there's a way to undo the "disable process timer resolution throttling" request made for a certain process. It may not be essential or even significant, but I accidentally clicked it throughout the procedure anyhow.
Simply close and reopen this process. It's not something that will stick forever.
AndreyRGW

Post by AndreyRGW »

Wagnard wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:27 pm-Added the ability to disable a process timer resolution Throttling behavior in Windows 11
Hi. Is there any way to find out if it works or not?
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

AndreyRGW wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:40 am
Wagnard wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:27 pm-Added the ability to disable a process timer resolution Throttling behavior in Windows 11
Hi. Is there any way to find out if it works or not?
The only 2 ways that I know of is by either
- testing it (hide the application window in question and see if the timer resolution goes higher)
- If Wtools fail to change the process status, it would tell you that it failed to do so. So as long as it says that it's successfully changed it it should be good.