What options to tick for AMD DDU uninstall

DasPeas

Post by DasPeas »

Hello, I have a new build PC with a ryzen 5700x and radeon 6700 xt GPU that I'm pretty sure I had some issue with. A week I had forgotten to turn off windows automatic drivers updates and when I had to reboot my PC I had that error of not being able to open amd software because windows installed another driver. If I remember correctly I don't think I uninstalled the driver software with either DDU nor AMD cleanup utility and just reinstalled it and ticked the factory reset option. After that I had occasional flickers and only after that did I use the AMD program to uninstall the driver, but during that process I read the logs and it says a few things were not successfully removed. Now I have decided to use DDU to clean uninstall it, what options do I have to tick for the AMD options? I read from older posts online from various sites that using DDU will mess with chipsets. Do I just use it with the default pre selected options? I attached a photo of the options.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: What options to tick for AMD DDU uninstall

Post by Wagnard »

DasPeas wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:08 am Hello, I have a new build PC with a ryzen 5700x and radeon 6700 xt GPU that I'm pretty sure I had some issue with. A week I had forgotten to turn off windows automatic drivers updates and when I had to reboot my PC I had that error of not being able to open amd software because windows installed another driver. If I remember correctly I don't think I uninstalled the driver software with either DDU nor AMD cleanup utility and just reinstalled it and ticked the factory reset option. After that I had occasional flickers and only after that did I use the AMD program to uninstall the driver, but during that process I read the logs and it says a few things were not successfully removed. Now I have decided to use DDU to clean uninstall it, what options do I have to tick for the AMD options? I read from older posts online from various sites that using DDU will mess with chipsets. Do I just use it with the default pre selected options? I attached a photo of the options.
Hi,
The default usually are fine.
In theory we can tick all the AMD boxes, but there was rare report in the past (when using AMD cpu/chipset) of sound driver not working after cleanup that needed re-installation.
Supposedly I think I fixed this as I tested this on a ryzen system and I was not able to repro theses issues.
Anyway... You can use the default, that is way enough to remove the main GPU driver.
DasPeas

Re: What options to tick for AMD DDU uninstall

Post by DasPeas »

Ok I used DDU earlier today, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know how to check if it actually did anything to my chipset. Do you know if it's fine to reinstall the same chipset version for ryzen cpu?

Hi, If something bad would have happened to your chipset driver, it would be easy to know, like missing a HDD in (My computer / This PC), missing sound, USB, etc... It's something usually quite obvious .