DDU not blocking driver updates?

juZuZ

Post by juZuZ »

Today i wanted to use DDU. I booted in save mode, uninsttalled my old driver and rebooted.
Then when i was about to install my driver already was running the driver installation i noticed that windows would play a installation sound before i actually hit "install". I then canceled my installation and checked. And indeed windows installed a driver. I then checked the registry and saw that updates still should be blocked HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DriverSearching SearchOrderConfig set to 0. Any clue why this would happen?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Parisien_entraide

Re: DDU not blocking driver updates?

Post by Parisien_entraide »

???

Do you read the Launch screen ? (options)
2023-01-13_120951.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Only Amiga.. Was possible :-)
DDU in French https://forum.malekal.com/viewtopic.php?p=535001#p535001
ISLC and more in French : https://forum.malekal.com/viewtopic.php?t=62286
WagnardTools in French : https://forum.malekal.com/viewtopic.php?t=69498
kgonepostl

Post by kgonepostl »

I just registered to confirm this bug. It happened with my Radeon cards. One of mine is an apu, and one is a vega 64. I've had that area checked for months, but recently those two machines are being overwritten. It appears to be broken. Even with it checked it updates, and overwrites. Using latest ddu, and latest radeon driver. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help:

Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

kgonepostl wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:41 pm I just registered to confirm this bug. It happened with my Radeon cards. One of mine is an apu, and one is a vega 64. I've had that area checked for months, but recently those two machines are being overwritten. It appears to be broken. Even with it checked it updates, and overwrites. Using latest ddu, and latest radeon driver. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help:

That feature is meant to prevent device manager to check for driver update on windows update. It does not prevent windows update from installing a driver. So if you go to windows update and search for updates, there are chances that windows update may update your driver.
kgonepostl

Post by kgonepostl »

Oh man, that's brutal. Any way to stop windows update from installing new drivers?
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

kgonepostl wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:02 pm Oh man, that's brutal. Any way to stop windows update from installing new drivers?
There is this tool from microsoft that allow that , search for this; wushowhide.diagcab
kgonepostl

Post by kgonepostl »

Thank you for your help, that was driving me nuts. I just got my taxes back. I'll be sure to compensate you for your dedication, and hard work. We need you dude, keep kicking ass!!