Reverting changes made by ddu option to "Prevent downloads of drivers..."

ninos

Post by ninos »

Hi good people.

So about half a year ago while having some gpu issues (which are long solved) i misinterpreted as software (gpu driver), i used the ddu advanced option to "Prevent download of drivers from "Windows Update" when "Windows" search for a driver for a device."

I wanted to revert that change and have unticked that option (on the next driver installation) but;

Since then everytime i install a gpu driver in event viewer under "custom views" "Device Manager - GTX 1080" i see these two information level userpnp events. Screenshots of both provided. Those events never showed up before ticking the box for "prevent...".

Am i correct in the assumption that those "commands" or "services" or whatever they are a result of that action and unticking the box in ddu has not reverted the change?

If so, how do i revert those changes for real?

thanks in advance,

Regards, Ninos.
Last edited by ninos on Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Reverting changes made by ddu option to "Prevent downloads of drivers..."

Post by Wagnard »

ninos wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:34 pm Hi good people.

So about half a year ago while having some gpu issues (which are long solved) i misinterpreted as software (gpu driver), i used the ddu advanced option to "Prevent download of drivers from "Windows Update" when "Windows" search for a driver for a device."

I wanted to revert that change and have unticked that option (on the next driver installation) but;

Since then everytime i install a gpu driver in event viewer under "custom views" "Device Manager - GTX 1080" i see these two information level userpnp events. Screenshots of both provided. Those events never showed up before ticking the box for "prevent...".

Am i correct in the assumption that those "commands" or "services" or whatever they are a result of that action and unticking the box in ddu has not reverted the change?

If so, how do i revert those changes for real?

thanks in advance,

Regards, Ninos.
I think the messages are unrelated and normal.
for reverting the options, you did the right thing. You only have to untick it.
An easy way to test it is uninstalling your drivers and see if windows update eventually install a driver.