Intelligent standby list cleaner (ISLC) v1.0.3.2 Released (updated)

maks77rus

Re: Intelligent standby list cleaner (ISLC) v1.0.2.8 Released

Post by maks77rus »

--------------------------- --------------------------- ISLC is already running. Only one instance of this application is allowed --------------------------- ОК ---------------------------

Good afternoon, tell me how do I disable or reinstall the program again? I can't find her anywhere...(

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

maks77rus wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:28 am --------------------------- --------------------------- ISLC is already running. Only one instance of this application is allowed --------------------------- ОК ---------------------------

Good afternoon, tell me how do I disable or reinstall the program again? I can't find her anywhere...(
There is no installation. The application is portable.
To disable it, if it auto start, you can remove it from Windows "Task Scheduler".
MrGlopez

Post by MrGlopez »

I have some doubts about a function of this program, specifically the timer resolution, as configured and you can see in the program the maximum timer resolution is set to 0.50 ms and the minimum is set by default to 15,625 ms, I am the one The only one who has noticed that the minimum is much greater than the maximum??? To explain myself better, these values should be reversed, minimum 0.50 ms and maximum 15,625 ms because otherwise it doesn't make sense that the minimum latency in milliseconds is much higher than the maximum..... can someone clarify this?

Since I did performance tests and I saw that, for example, in my case, FortInte makes a request to make it 10,000 ms of timer resolution, Synapse 3 makes another request to make it 20,000 ms and ISLC makes a request to make it 5000 ms, so which one takes for good windows??? because although in ISLC it says that the current one is 0.5 it does not mean that it is really assigned like that in windows I think.....

Warnings
Platform Timer Resolution: Timer Request Pending
A program or service requested a timer resolution that is less than the platform's maximum timer resolution.
Requested Period 10000
Requesting process id 9464
Requesting process path \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Users\Mr.Glopez\Desktop\WinTimerTester.exe
A program or service requested a timer resolution that is less than the platform's maximum timer resolution.
Period requested 5000
Requesting process id 9044
Requesting process path \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files\ISLC\Intelligent standby list cleaner ISLC.exe
Requested period 20000
Requesting process id 5404
Requesting process path \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Synapse3\Service\Razer Synapse Service.exe
Power Directive:Long darkening timeout (with AC power)
The screen is set to automatically dim after more than 10 minutes.
Wait time (seconds) 885

Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

MrGlopez wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:18 pm I have some doubts about a function of this program, specifically the timer resolution, as configured and you can see in the program the maximum timer resolution is set to 0.50 ms and the minimum is set by default to 15,625 ms, I am the one The only one who has noticed that the minimum is much greater than the maximum??? To explain myself better, these values should be reversed, minimum 0.50 ms and maximum 15,625 ms because otherwise it doesn't make sense that the minimum latency in milliseconds is much higher than the maximum..... can someone clarify this?

Since I did performance tests and I saw that, for example, in my case, FortInte makes a request to make it 10,000 ms of timer resolution, Synapse 3 makes another request to make it 20,000 ms and ISLC makes a request to make it 5000 ms, so which one takes for good windows??? because although in ISLC it says that the current one is 0.5 it does not mean that it is really assigned like that in windows I think.....

Warnings
Requested Period 10000
Requesting process id 9464
Requesting process path \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Users\Mr.Glopez\Desktop\WinTimerTester.exe
Period requested 5000
Requesting process id 9044
Requesting process path \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files\ISLC\Intelligent standby list cleaner ISLC.exe
Requested period 20000
Requesting process id 5404
Requesting process path \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Synapse3\Service\Razer Synapse Service.exe
Power Directive:Long darkening timeout (with AC power)
The screen is set to automatically dim after more than 10 minutes.
Wait time (seconds) 885

Hi,
There is no mistake in how we name it. When we say the timer has a higher resolution, it means it is more precise, we must not look at pure numbers. That's is why it's the lower value. I know it sounds odd by that's how it is.

As for your second observation, the higher resolution request is always the winner. so If you set the timer rez to 0.50ms, if steam ask for 1.00ms it will be ignored because there is a timer higher resolution in place already.
I hope it is a little more clear now.
ildar237

Re: Intelligent standby list cleaner (ISLC) v1.0.2.9 Released

Post by ildar237 »

Hello! I have win11 with 1028 latencymon values in 1 picture 58.50, with version 1029 in the second 54.30, does GlobalTimerResolutionRequests really make things worse?
Attachments
1.png
1.png (9.71 KiB) Viewed 9636 times
2.png
2.png (10.46 KiB) Viewed 9636 times
Wolvthebigbad

Post by Wolvthebigbad »

I set my maximum timer resolution to 0,5ms but in the current timer resolution it shows as it is lower than that, is something wrong about this?
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Wolvthebigbad wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:18 pm Image

I set my maximum timer resolution to 0,5ms but in the current timer resolution it shows as it is lower than that, is something wrong about this?
I don't think it's a problem.
ildar237

Post by ildar237 »

Wolvthebigbad wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:18 pm Image

try on/off HPET on BIOS
ildar237

Post by ildar237 »

ildar237 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 2:41 pm Hello! I have win11 with 1028 latencymon values in 1 picture 58.50, with version 1029 in the second 54.30, does GlobalTimerResolutionRequests really make things worse?
HEГP!!!
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

ildar237 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:51 pm
ildar237 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 2:41 pm Hello! I have win11 with 1028 latencymon values in 1 picture 58.50, with version 1029 in the second 54.30, does GlobalTimerResolutionRequests really make things worse?
HEГP!!!
Not sure what to tell you. YOu should be happy to have a lower timer I guess. I have no idea with you have lower than 0.5