GTX 670's SLI constant freezing.

Latevladiator

Post by Latevladiator »

So I have an issue where in ANY game, even freaking minecraft for petes sake, will freeze randomly. It's just the screen, I can still hear sounds, move around, etc, and If I'm in fullscreen, must restart the pc, If I'm in windowed, I can tab out. Here are my specs:
Windows 10 Home
intel i5-8400
12GB DDR4 RAM
2x GTX 670
My motherbord: https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard ... -rev-10#kf

hese cards are a recent hand me down (had been used for about 3-4 years) from my brother. He said he had them overclocked, so I've tried setting them back to the base clock. I've also tried running DDU in safe mode, as wellas reinstalling the drivers in safe mode. I'm at my wits end with this! I didn't want to buy these cards and a brand new rig, only to crash all the time! If it helps at all, when I play overwatch and it does it, it will give me the message "Rendering device has been lost" These errors occur both with SLI enabled, and disabled.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: GTX 670's SLI constant freezing.

Post by Wagnard »

Latevladiator wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:28 pm So I have an issue where in ANY game, even freaking minecraft for petes sake, will freeze randomly. It's just the screen, I can still hear sounds, move around, etc, and If I'm in fullscreen, must restart the pc, If I'm in windowed, I can tab out. Here are my specs:
Windows 10 Home
intel i5-8400
12GB DDR4 RAM
2x GTX 670
My motherbord: https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard ... -rev-10#kf

hese cards are a recent hand me down (had been used for about 3-4 years) from my brother. He said he had them overclocked, so I've tried setting them back to the base clock. I've also tried running DDU in safe mode, as wellas reinstalling the drivers in safe mode. I'm at my wits end with this! I didn't want to buy these cards and a brand new rig, only to crash all the time! If it helps at all, when I play overwatch and it does it, it will give me the message "Rendering device has been lost" These errors occur both with SLI enabled, and disabled.
Try to test each card independently to find if one is the culprit.
Also what is your Powers supply?
Check if you have any DMP files in C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports (and it's subfolders)
In the nvidia control panel, click help and then debug mode. (restart and try again)