Display issue

prikol

Display issue

Post by prikol »

Before I do any actions with this software, I would like an advise, is it up this alley.

So heres the situation: Just installed fresh windows10, generic monitor, generic display adapter. Have two monitors: Benq XL2411T (144hz, on cable DVI - DVI), Benq GL2460 (DVI monitor - HDMI gpu). On fresh w10, generic drivers only one monitor works, obviously, because only one is detected.
But then this happens: w10 installs gtx970 display driver and both monitors (I hear it with windows sound). As soon as this happens, my second monitor Benq GL2460 turns on, while first monitor BenQ XL2411T turns off showing "No Signal Detected!". Device manager shows monitor driver installed, NVIDIA Control Panel also shows it detected, and my resolution is also shares width with 2 monitors, it just goes into black hole of monitor with "no signal".
Interesting detail is that monitor, which is "no signal" on NVIDIA Control Panel is showed to use VGA connector, which is false its on DVI - DVI, with DVI capture mode. Also If I swap the cables of monitors, they swap their working/not working status too, just first one cannot reach 144hz with HDMI cable.
So yeah, here's the situation, any help appreciated.

Display issue

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Display issue

Post by Wagnard »

prikol wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:27 pm Before I do any actions with this software, I would like an advise, is it up this alley.

So heres the situation: Just installed fresh windows10, generic monitor, generic display adapter. Have two monitors: Benq XL2411T (144hz, on cable DVI - DVI), Benq GL2460 (DVI monitor - HDMI gpu). On fresh w10, generic drivers only one monitor works, obviously, because only one is detected.
But then this happens: w10 installs gtx970 display driver and both monitors (I hear it with windows sound). As soon as this happens, my second monitor Benq GL2460 turns on, while first monitor BenQ XL2411T turns off showing "No Signal Detected!". Device manager shows monitor driver installed, NVIDIA Control Panel also shows it detected, and my resolution is also shares width with 2 monitors, it just goes into black hole of monitor with "no signal".
Interesting detail is that monitor, which is "no signal" on NVIDIA Control Panel is showed to use VGA connector, which is false its on DVI - DVI, with DVI capture mode. Also If I swap the cables of monitors, they swap their working/not working status too, just first one cannot reach 144hz with HDMI cable.
So yeah, here's the situation, any help appreciated.
In your case, DDU should not be needed because you already have a fresh install.
I think you may have a cable issue if the problem switch with the cable.
prikol

Re: Display issue

Post by prikol »

But the cable issue becomes the issue only after either w10 installs graphics adapter, or I install graphics adapter. On generic windows the cable with issue is working fine. I think its some sort of miscommunication issue for a software, which I do not have the knowledge how to fix.
https://gyazo.com/c857a4df0272f49eecf78032398917ce
The connector type i think is the issue. It should be on DVI.

Are you suggesting obtaining another Dual DVI cable?

Did another test today: put GTX 660OC into my system, and went with full driver process, with both monitors plugged. Worked like a charm. Cant do the same with GTX 780, DVI stops working as soon as drivers are installed.