vBIOS for Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X 4GB v015.046.000.000

Jackalito

Post by Jackalito »

Hi everyone,

Today, I got my hands on a new official vBIOS for my graphics card, specifically the Sapphire Radeon R9 290X Tri-X OC 4GB GDDR5 (Hynix) UEFI. The new version is 015.046.000.000 and it's far newer than the one my card came with from factory, which was 015.042.000.000.

Here you'll the vBIOSes:
UEFI: https://mega.nz/#!740FxKBL!E9JwXATCoC8f ... iHuD7ziAJY
Legacy: https://mega.nz/#!GkFyXZZY!zKPzRMzuNR0U ... FJV2Q-mfoQ

Enjoy! :D
In space no one can hear you scream.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Coldblackice

Re: vBIOS for Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X 4GB v015.046.000.000

Post by Coldblackice »

Jackalito wrote:Hi everyone,

Today, I got my hands on a new official vBIOS for my graphics card, specifically the Sapphire Radeon R9 290X Tri-X OC 4GB GDDR5 (Hynix) UEFI. The new version is 015.046.000.000 and it's far newer than the one my card came with from factory, which was 015.042.000.000.

Here you'll find the UEFI and non-UEFI vBIOSes:
https://mega.co.nz/#F!39EjhJKI!74YeO9Km2h_HF35zHvXZRg

Enjoy! :D
Are there improvements from doing this? I have a Sapphire 290 Vapor-X.
Jackalito

Post by Jackalito »

The only practical advantage I saw was the default +25mV VDDC added ;)
Coldblackice

Post by Coldblackice »

Jackalito wrote:The only practical advantage I saw was the default +25mV VDDC added ;)
Cool! How could you tell that? Did you just see this once it was in use, or were you able to decipher this from looking at the binary of it?

Also, where did you find it? I've been wondering if my Sapphire 290 Vapor-X has any updated firmware, but Sapphire's site doesn't seem to have any firmware at all. And I'm hesitant to use some random person's firmware that's been submitted to TechPowerUp
Jackalito

Post by Jackalito »

Coldblackice wrote:
Jackalito wrote:The only practical advantage I saw was the default +25mV VDDC added ;)
Cool! How could you tell that? Did you just see this once it was in use, or were you able to decipher this from looking at the binary of it?

Also, where did you find it? I've been wondering if my Sapphire 290 Vapor-X has any updated firmware, but Sapphire's site doesn't seem to have any firmware at all. And I'm hesitant to use some random person's firmware that's been submitted to TechPowerUp
Hi!

Well, you can see the added voltage by just running OC software such as Sapphire TRIXX or MSI AfterBurner.
This vBIOS was given to me by Sapphire Tech support after having opened a ticket on their website. They don't post them on their official forums and it's forbidden to share them there too.
I guarantee you 100% this is a legit vBIOS by Sapphire.

PS: Don't flash this vBIOS on your Vapor-X, since it probably wouldn't work.

Cheers! ;)
Coldblackice

Post by Coldblackice »

Jackalito wrote:
Coldblackice wrote:

Hi!

Well, you can see the added voltage by just running OC software such as Sapphire TRIXX or MSI AfterBurner.
This vBIOS was given to me by Sapphire Tech support after having opened a ticket on their website. They don't post them on their official forums and it's forbidden to share them there too.
I guarantee you 100% this is a legit vBIOS by Sapphire.

PS: Don't flash this vBIOS on your Vapor-X, since it probably wouldn't work.

Cheers! ;)
I definitely wouldn't try flashing this :) -- I've done bios modding/flashing on my previous AMD cards.

What's new/better/fixed in the bios? Why did Sapphire supply you with it? I'm just wondering if there may be similar tweak/fix possibilities with my card, as well. Seems like they wouldn't bother with this if it was simply for adding a little voltage bump.

Also, can you do a bit-compare between you old bios and the Sapphire-supplied new one? I'm wondering if we may be able to reverse-engineer the mod(s) (though I'd guess there are signing check that non-Sapphire edits would be able to pass)