AMD DRIVER

Zkine

AMD DRIVER

Post by Zkine »

Hello,

I come to you because for some time I have a problem AMD driver installation.

In fact I went on the AMD site then I déinstallé AMD driver via the uninstall window panel.
Then I went to your DDU utility in safe mode to uninstall the remaining file.
In wanting reinstalled the drivers via the AMD driver downloaded from the official site, I get an error message:
Driver Installation: The Windows version does not support this operation
this for the video driver and also the audio driver of my graphics card. the third party software: vilkan, evoled installs correctly.
So I go to C: \ AMD \ Non-WHQL-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-16.5.2.1-Win10-Win8.1-Win7-May16 to manually install via the Setup panel Periferique manager.

My system and be windows 10 and I have a AMD 7980 asus home.

Sorry for my bad English, I go through google translation.

Thanks for your help

AMD DRIVER

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: AMD DRIVER

Post by Wagnard »

Zkine wrote:Hello,

I come to you because for some time I have a problem AMD driver installation.

In fact I went on the AMD site then I déinstallé AMD driver via the uninstall window panel.
Then I went to your DDU utility in safe mode to uninstall the remaining file.
In wanting reinstalled the drivers via the AMD driver downloaded from the official site, I get an error message:
Driver Installation: The Windows version does not support this operation
this for the video driver and also the audio driver of my graphics card. the third party software: vilkan, evoled installs correctly.
So I go to C: \ AMD \ Non-WHQL-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-16.5.2.1-Win10-Win8.1-Win7-May16 to manually install via the Setup panel Periferique manager.

My system and be windows 10 and I have a AMD 7980 asus home.

Sorry for my bad English, I go through google translation.

Thanks for your help
Your installation is a 64bit WIndows 10 too?
You can also give me the DDU logs just in case I see something in it.
Zkine

Post by Zkine »

Hello,

Thank you for your reply . I turn 10 on Windows x64.

I provided you with the requested file attachment.

cordially
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Zkine wrote:Hello,

Thank you for your reply . I turn 10 on Windows x64.

I provided you with the requested file attachment.

cordially
The logs seems OK. Nothing bad found in them.
I don't really know what could be wrong for the installation of your driver.

Since I have time, I could try to install it for you at distance with TeamViewer.
If you are interested, simply email or p.m me the ID and Pass.
Virs

Post by Virs »

I've had a similar issue for a few months now, it started after using DDU but I still managed to install my drivers by using Device Manager and "updating" the drivers.
I'm only mentioning this now because the new drivers, 16.6.1, are giving me a different error and I can't install them at all. Not even through device manager. I'm not sure if this is a result of this previous issue or a new thing.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Virs wrote:I've had a similar issue for a few months now, it started after using DDU but I still managed to install my drivers by using Device Manager and "updating" the drivers.
I'm only mentioning this now because the new drivers, 16.6.1, are giving me a different error and I can't install them at all. Not even through device manager. I'm not sure if this is a result of this previous issue or a new thing.
Can you share the error message and the error code from device manager?

Can you also tell me on how you use DDU and if you use uninstall the driver before or not via Program and features.
Send me also a compressed complete registry export so I can look at it. (Pm me the link for security reason)
A DDU log could be great too ;)
Virs

Post by Virs »

Based on the reports of other people, I believe that the issue with 16.6.1 isn't because of DDU. This one seems to be an error with AMD.

The only issue left that I believe was indeed from DDU was that after cleaning drivers with it, the AMD installer wouldn't install the display and HDMI Audio drivers. It would install the rest of the package, but would give me a "Fail" message in the result screen with them. The error given was simply:
"Driver Install: Windows® version does not support this operation" repeated about 8 times. When this happened, I would then install the drivers manually with Device Manager and that worked.

I just had my Windows Insider version update (it was stuck not updating before), when my Win10 updates like this it fixes this error, drivers can be installed again. So I'm not sure the registry export would help anymore as it works correctly for now. I have not used DDU since Win10 updated to a new version, so I can't say if the error will happen again or not. If I use DDU and the error appears, I'll give you a registry export + log right away.

I still have multiple old logs from DDU, but I don't know in which one the issue first happened. It's possible I deleted the log in which it happened when moving to a new version of DDU, as that issue happened a long time ago.
Here's an upload of the 31 logs I have, I understand if that's not helpful: http://www.mediafire.com/download/xvd3x ... DUlogs.rar
It's possible all the logs are from after the issue first happened.

The way I used DDU:
First I would use the AMD Install Manager to uninstall the files. Then I would go in Device Manager and Uninstall the drivers from there. I would usually check the box to delete the files too.
Then before rebooting I would launch DDU, which would give me a message asking if I wanted to restart in Safe Mode. I would say Yes.
Inside Safe Mode, I would use the option to use DDU and then reboot immediately. Once back in Windows, this is when I first got the message that the drivers did not install successfully (everything installed, except the actual drivers).

Edit: If you want, I might try something. If you tell me exactly how to get the registry properly (or any other info which could be useful), I could create a system restore before using DDU. Then I can use DDU and if the issue appears, I'll send you all the info, and then use the System Restore to (hopefully) go back to how it was before.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Virs wrote:Based on the reports of other people, I believe that the issue with 16.6.1 isn't because of DDU. This one seems to be an error with AMD.

The only issue left that I believe was indeed from DDU was that after cleaning drivers with it, the AMD installer wouldn't install the display and HDMI Audio drivers. It would install the rest of the package, but would give me a "Fail" message in the result screen with them. The error given was simply:
"Driver Install: Windows® version does not support this operation" repeated about 8 times. When this happened, I would then install the drivers manually with Device Manager and that worked.

I just had my Windows Insider version update (it was stuck not updating before), when my Win10 updates like this it fixes this error, drivers can be installed again. So I'm not sure the registry export would help anymore as it works correctly for now. I have not used DDU since Win10 updated to a new version, so I can't say if the error will happen again or not. If I use DDU and the error appears, I'll give you a registry export + log right away.

I still have multiple old logs from DDU, but I don't know in which one the issue first happened. It's possible I deleted the log in which it happened when moving to a new version of DDU, as that issue happened a long time ago.
Here's an upload of the 31 logs I have, I understand if that's not helpful: http://www.mediafire.com/download/xvd3x ... DUlogs.rar
It's possible all the logs are from after the issue first happened.

The way I used DDU:
First I would use the AMD Install Manager to uninstall the files. Then I would go in Device Manager and Uninstall the drivers from there. I would usually check the box to delete the files too.
Then before rebooting I would launch DDU, which would give me a message asking if I wanted to restart in Safe Mode. I would say Yes.
Inside Safe Mode, I would use the option to use DDU and then reboot immediately. Once back in Windows, this is when I first got the message that the drivers did not install successfully (everything installed, except the actual drivers).

Edit: If you want, I might try something. If you tell me exactly how to get the registry properly (or any other info which could be useful), I could create a system restore before using DDU. Then I can use DDU and if the issue appears, I'll send you all the info, and then use the System Restore to (hopefully) go back to how it was before.
Thanks for the information.
I will probably try to repro as you said as I usually only clean with DDU when I test on my end and doesn't not do all that you do.
For the registry export, simply going into REGEDIT and and doing a "File --->Export" than .ZIP the result and host it somewhere and PM me the link.

Thanks for your time in reporting this, I highly appreciated as if DDU have such an Issue, I want to fix it ASAP.

So if you try what you wanted to do, let me know of the result.

Best regards,

Ghislain
Virs

Post by Virs »

I followed the same steps as before and used DDU v16.0.0.1, the issue didn't appear. I'll keep using DDU and keep a system restore handy, if it happens again I'll make sure to give you a copy of the registry+logs. Thanks for listening!
Virs

Post by Virs »

16.0.0.2 gave me back the error, so here are logs after 16.0.0.1 and another after 16.0.0.2.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xv87m ... U+Logs.rar
I'll send you two registry exports by PM. The "Before" reg is after I used 16.0.0.1, but before 16.0.0.2.
The "after" log is after 16.0.0.2.