Why do some of you use DDU to clean install drivers?

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Why do some of you use DDU to clean install drivers?

Post by Wagnard »

Danils wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:27 am Hello everyone,,
There's is a much better way of removing old drivers that doesn't rely on some lone group of programmers making rules for every possible hardware configuration.

In fact, it's built into Windows and has been for a long time.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/mag ... 84583.aspx

I don't use tools like DDU because I prefer to have total control over my system and that means no automated software fucking with my system files. If it ain't broken, don't 'fix' it.

Anyone that says you need DDU only knows enough about computers to really fuck over their system if just one thing doesn't go to plan. Anything that DDU does can be due manually IF there is an issue. The work it does is not needed nine out of ten times.

edit: Below, Nicholas brings up a valid point. Do not use this method as your only means of removing driver software. The advice above was intended to illustrate how to remove drivers that were left behind after using the standard uninstall tools provided by nVidia. I did not mean to imply this method is suitable for completely removing all nVidia application files (that task is easily accomplished via Add/Remove Programs and a quick scan of your startup settings).
You have some guts to come post in here just to rant about the usefullness of DDU.
By the way the linknyoubpoat only scratch the surfaces of thing to be removed.
I would apreciate that you use this forum for more constructive around wagnardsoft product and not just bitching it.
Thanks

Sponsor

Sponsor

GoN88

Post by GoN88 »

Danils wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:27 am Hello everyone,,
There's is a much better way of removing old drivers that doesn't rely on some lone group of programmers making rules for every possible hardware configuration.

In fact, it's built into Windows and has been for a long time.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/mag ... 84583.aspx

I don't use tools like DDU because I prefer to have total control over my system and that means no automated software fucking with my system files. If it ain't broken, don't 'fix' it.

Anyone that says you need DDU only knows enough about computers to really fuck over their system if just one thing doesn't go to plan. Anything that DDU does can be due manually IF there is an issue. The work it does is not needed nine out of ten times.

edit: Below, Nicholas brings up a valid point. Do not use this method as your only means of removing driver software. The advice above was intended to illustrate how to remove drivers that were left behind after using the standard uninstall tools provided by nVidia. I did not mean to imply this method is suitable for completely removing all nVidia application files (that task is easily accomplished via Add/Remove Programs and a quick scan of your startup settings).
I've never had a problem with it, I don't know why you say it. :)