Do I need to disable HPET to use ISLC related feature?

Gore-Nargai

Post by Gore-Nargai »

Hi, good evening, I just wanted to ask this real quick since I wasn't' able to find any answer searching through the internet.
Do I need to disable HPET to the ISLC timer feature to work? Is it recommended to disable it? Or is completely the opposite?

Thanks a lot, whom ever read this, have a good day! :D

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Do I need to disable HPET to use ISLC related feature?

Post by Wagnard »

Gore-Nargai wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:21 pm Hi, good evening, I just wanted to ask this real quick since I wasn't' able to find any answer searching through the internet.
Do I need to disable HPET to the ISLC timer feature to work? Is it recommended to disable it? Or is completely the opposite?

You have to have it enable in the bios I think, but you must not alter the BCDEdit for it. Keep it normal as windows configured it.
Gore-Nargai

Post by Gore-Nargai »

Wagnard wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:03 am
Gore-Nargai wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:21 pm Hi, good evening, I just wanted to ask this real quick since I wasn't' able to find any answer searching through the internet.

You have to have it enable in the bios I think, but you must not alter the BCDEdit for it. Keep it normal as windows configured it.
Thanks for your reply, what about on device manager over windows? Should be enabled there?
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Gore-Nargai wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:03 am

Thanks for your reply, what about on device manager over windows? Should be enabled there?
Yes , leave it as default, do not force disable it.
Gore-Nargai

Post by Gore-Nargai »

Wagnard wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:18 am
Gore-Nargai wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:03 am

Yes , leave it as default, do not force disable it.
Ok, I will, thanks a lot for your reply, and the hard work.