Help concerning the restore point feature

Jacksom

Post by Jacksom »

Hello everyone,,
I used DDU today, and perhaps I did so without taking the proper precautions.
Unfortunately whatever it (and by association 'I') did, broke my card in some way. Before my computer restarted, DDU running its course, I noticed it mentioned something regarding the creation of a restore point. Upon reviewing the extended logs It says it was successful in creating a restore point.

My question is: Will this restore point literally restore my card back to its former state? If so, how do I even access this restore point?
I've worked on this for about three hours now, so I didn't come here without at least giving it an honest effort.

If anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thanks..

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Help concerning the restore point feature

Post by Wagnard »

Jacksom wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:25 am Hello everyone,,
I used DDU today, and perhaps I did so without taking the proper precautions.
Unfortunately whatever it (and by association 'I') did, broke my card in some way. Before my computer restarted, DDU running its course, I noticed it mentioned something regarding the creation of a restore point. Upon reviewing the extended logs It says it was successful in creating a restore point.

My question is: Will this restore point literally restore my card back to its former state? If so, how do I even access this restore point?
I've worked on this for about three hours now, so I didn't come here without at least giving it an honest effort.

If anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thanks..
Hi,
I'll try to clarify some points.
DDU cannot physically break a card because it doesn't interact with the hardware directly and or indirectly.
What DDU do is checking / removing files/folders and registry items.
What the restore point will do is restore windows to the state it was before running DDU.

Can you tell me a little bit more of your problem and what make you think you have a *broken* card ?