ISLC incompatible with Win11?

bingbingbangpopcorn

Post by bingbingbangpopcorn »

After installing the lates version of Windows 11 (format + install from a USB stick) I noticed unexpected behavior with ISLC. The pics should tell what is going on. Is it because of incompatibilty problem or is it just my PC? Looks like ISLC stops running when it's in the background.

ISLC version 1.0.2.6
The fixes mentioned in another post ran as guided

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: ISLC incompatible with Win11?

Post by Wagnard »

bingbingbangpopcorn wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:12 pm After installing the lates version of Windows 11 (format + install from a USB stick) I noticed unexpected behavior with ISLC. The pics should tell what is going on. Is it because of incompatibilty problem or is it just my PC? Looks like ISLC stops running when it's in the background.

ISLC version 1.0.2.6
The fixes mentioned in another post ran as guided

Hi, be sure you have this version posted here : viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3775 the fix posted in another post is outdated.

Please note that it is possible that other application may change / take control over the timer.
PanosXidis

Post by PanosXidis »

Hello mate your problem maybe is this
move here HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
EnableLUA set to 1!!!and see is fix
and maybe you have bcdedit command useplatformtick yes just remove it
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

PanosXidis wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:19 pm Hello mate your problem maybe is this
move here HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
With latest official 1.0.2.6 I think enablelua can be set to 0 now. I changed something related to that after you discovered this. Let me know if it work now. (not the version I gave you the other day, the real official 1.0.2.6.
PanosXidis

Post by PanosXidis »

Wagnard wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:25 pm
PanosXidis wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:19 pm Hello mate your problem maybe is this
With latest official 1.0.2.6 I think enablelua can be set to 0 now. I changed something related to that after you discovered this. Let me know if it work now. (not the version I gave you the other day, the real official 1.0.2.6.
I test today!!!is not fix i disable permantly ENABLELUA 0 and the timer in the backround running 1ms back so is not fixed but working very well with enableLUA 1
bingbingbangpopcorn

EnableLUA was 1 as default. I tried what happens if I set it to 0. And nothing happened.

The bcdedit commands I had already made
bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock
bcdedit /set useplatformtick yes
bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes

I just in case made a new installation tool and installed the OS again on a formatted SSD. I have installed now only the necessary stuff like the newest chipset driver, network driver and such to make sure there are less possible bugs and other interference. This didn't help. The issue still persists. And got a little worse. Now the lowest dpc latency value in dpclat.exe is 572 us when earlier it was around 20 us.

I also noticed that when ISLC is running in the background, the timer resolution won't go over 1 ms. If I untick "Start...." and "Launch...." and reboot, then Windows is changing it between 1 ms and 15.6 ms, obviously automatically depending on what happens in the computer.

And one more thing I just noticed. If I quit ISLC and use TimerResolution.exe instead and set the timer resolution to 0.5 ms, now dpclat.exe shows very low green bars. When it's done with ISLC the latency is higher. Does this tell something?
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

bingbingbangpopcorn wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:56 pm EnableLUA was 1 as default. I tried what happens if I set it to 0. And nothing happened.

I just in case made a new installation tool and installed the OS again on a formatted SSD. I have installed now only the necessary stuff like the newest chipset driver, network driver and such to make sure there are less possible bugs and other interference. This didn't help. The issue still persists. And got a little worse. Now the lowest dpc latency value in dpclat.exe is 572 us when earlier it was around 20 us.

I also noticed that when ISLC is running in the background, the timer resolution won't go over 1 ms. If I untick "Start...." and "Launch...." and reboot, then Windows is changing it between 1 ms and 15.6 ms, obviously automatically depending on what happens in the computer.

And one more thing I just noticed. If I quit ISLC and use TimerResolution.exe instead and set the timer resolution to 0.5 ms, now dpclat.exe shows very low green bars. When it's done with ISLC the latency is higher. Does this tell something?
I'm still working on a issue especially when the "Start ISLC minimized and auto-Start monitoring" is checked that could fail to apply correctly the timer resolution.
bingbingbangpopcorn

Wagnard wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:08 pm
bingbingbangpopcorn wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:56 pm EnableLUA was 1 as default. I tried what happens if I set it to 0. And nothing happened.

I'm still working on a issue especially when the "Start ISLC minimized and auto-Start monitoring" is checked that could fail to apply correctly the timer resolution.
Great. Something indeed happens after ISLC is started. I opened immediatelly dpclat.exe after reboot and clicked taskbar vault/menu (what ever it is) to see what happens. In the pic the first green bar shows the moment when ISLC icon appears in the menu. Looks like it works for a few seconds then something in Windows takes over and changes TR to 1 ms.

EDIT: Seemly this problem occurs on all the TR apps. For example TimerResolution.exe behaves exactly same, when minimizing the app it stops working after a few seconds.

bingbingbangpopcorn

Here's another weird occurrence. When I installed iCUE4 and rebooted, ISLC started to behave normally. Just out of curiosity I decided to uninstall iCUE4 to confirm iCUE4 caused this. When Windows was rebooted after uninstalling iCUE4, ISLC stopped working and dpclat.exe started to show high yellow bars after a few seconds, just like earlier. Then I reinstalled iCUE4 and again ISLC behaved normally. Atm ISLC is miminized and the TR stays at 0.5 ms and dpclat.exe shows very low green bars.

So is the issue something mouse/kb driver or USB related?
PanosXidis

Post by PanosXidis »

mate bingbingbangpopcorn you dont need any bcdedit commands on windows 11!!!default is ok!!!!now on ISLC on mine pc working very well 1.0.2.6 with minimized force 0.500ms with EnableLUA 1!!!! so your problem i dont know maybe delete your bcdedit commands and try again@ dpclat.exe is not working 100% on windows 10 and 11 is very old only windows 7