DDU 18.0.4.6 System Impersonation failed

Owlrrex

Post by Owlrrex »

I've tried to run DDU 18.0.4.6. on my latest Windows 10 version (no betas or insider programs), yet in both safe-mode and normal mode I'm facing the popup stating "impersonating SYSTEM acciount". I've tried the following things:

- Move the program to its own, by me created folders on both the C: and D: drive.
- Make sure the folders have "full Control" permission on SYSTEM.
- Of course, running DDU as Administrator

Neither of these have changed behaviour. I've noticed that the folders show the weird "mixed" checkmark on the 'Read only' property, even after removing the read-only-flag through powershell, but since Logfiles are properly created & settings saved, I'm not sure if this is related.

Attached you'll find the logs of the latest run, though none of them seemed much different from each other.

I'd welcome a solution to use DDU, as I suspect my graphics driver to be giving me grief despite an update last week and DDU is my next step of escalation.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: DDU 18.0.4.6 System Impersonation failed

Post by Wagnard »

Owlrrex wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:54 pm I've tried to run DDU 18.0.4.6. on my latest Windows 10 version (no betas or insider programs), yet in both safe-mode and normal mode I'm facing the popup stating "impersonating SYSTEM acciount". I've tried the following things:

- Move the program to its own, by me created folders on both the C: and D: drive.
- Make sure the folders have "full Control" permission on SYSTEM.
- Of course, running DDU as Administrator

Neither of these have changed behaviour. I've noticed that the folders show the weird "mixed" checkmark on the 'Read only' property, even after removing the read-only-flag through powershell, but since Logfiles are properly created & settings saved, I'm not sure if this is related.

Attached you'll find the logs of the latest run, though none of them seemed much different from each other.

I'd welcome a solution to use DDU, as I suspect my graphics driver to be giving me grief despite an update last week and DDU is my next step of escalation.
Hi,

go into secpol.msc (local security policy) then local policies, User Right Assignement.

For value of the “debug program” you should have the Administrators (with the S) group.
And then reboot. This is Windows default by the way.