ISLC Drops Single Thread Score on R5 5600X

corsair1324

Post by corsair1324 »

Hi first of all i want to thank you to @Wagnard for this great tool. i have been using this tool for long time, but today i just realized tool drops my single thread score on CPU-Z app i know it doesn't mean anything for some people but im playing competetive games like Valorant . CS:GO etc, and i need that minus 6 score. Is there any way to fix this issue or is this even a issue ?
Attachments
ISLC ON TEST Timer resolution is 0.5
ISLC ON TEST Timer resolution is 0.5
t2.PNG (485.92 KiB) Viewed 3747 times
ISLC OFF TEST
ISLC OFF TEST
t1.PNG (621.2 KiB) Viewed 3747 times

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: ISLC Drops Single Thread Score on R5 5600X

Post by Wagnard »

corsair1324 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:01 am Hi first of all i want to thank you to @Wagnard for this great tool. i have been using this tool for long time, but today i just realized tool drops my single thread score on CPU-Z app i know it doesn't mean anything for some people but im playing competetive games like Valorant . CS:GO etc, and i need that minus 6 score. Is there any way to fix this issue or is this even a issue ?
Hi, its probably because you lowered the timer to 0.5. While this is more precise, it is also more demanding for the system. (not something ISLC can fix)
Also ISLC does use a little CPU for monitoring the memory too. in that case, set the pooling rate a little bit higher)
I would be extremely surprised ISLC can disturb competitive games. The impact on the system is almost invisible.
corsair1324

Post by corsair1324 »

Wagnard wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:15 am
corsair1324 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:01 am Hi first of all i want to thank you to @Wagnard for this great tool. i have been using this tool for long time, but today i just realized tool drops my single thread score on CPU-Z app i know it doesn't mean anything for some people but im playing competetive games like Valorant . CS:GO etc, and i need that minus 6 score. Is there any way to fix this issue or is this even a issue ?
Hi, its probably because you lowered the timer to 0.5. While this is more precise, it is also more demanding for the system. (not something ISLC can fix)
Also ISLC does use a little CPU for monitoring the memory too. in that case, set the pooling rate a little bit higher)
I would be extremely surprised ISLC can disturb competitive games. The impact on the system is almost invisible.
incresing polling rate didnt help much, but as u said its because of the 0.5 timer resolution i think . Everything above 2.0ms seems fine for my system.im looking for a sweet spot right now thank you ! @Wagnard
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

corsair1324 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:29 am
incresing polling rate didnt help much, but as u said its because of the 0.5 timer resolution i think . Everything above 2.0ms seems fine for my system.im looking for a sweet spot right now thank you ! @Wagnard
1MS is usually the default for game. going higher will either be ignored by the games or *could* cause input latency.
sdsfsd

Post by sdsfsd »

CPU-Z HAHAHAHHAHA. Repeat the bench and score will always change. Ignore cpu-z.
kimonlope

Post by kimonlope »

sdsfsd wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:59 pm CPU-Z HAHAHAHHAHA. Repeat the bench and score will always change. Ignore cpu-z.
hahaha,,, Without changing scroll its also possible.... :D :D
Best RegardsFM Whatsapp

Kimonlope
Leopold

Post by Leopold »

Wagnard wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:39 am

1MS is usually the default for game. going higher will either be ignored by the games or *could* cause input latency.
Friend, I also have an R5 5600x, and I'm noticing a lot of stuttering. You mentioned not the "polling rate", but the "Wanted timer resolution". Did you manage to find an ideal value? I saw in your images that you put the value of "The size is at least" in "2192" instead of 1024 as most people put it. I also saw that you put "11824" in "Free memory is lower than", unlike most that put half of the total memory value. Could you explain better why you put these values? In my case I have 2x16gb of 3600MHz. On my ISLC, the "Total system memory" shows 32683 MB, so I set "The size is at least" to "1024 MB" like most, and "Free memory is lower than" to "16000 MB". On my ISLC, the "Current timer resolution" is 0.5ms, the "Maximum timer resolution" is 0.5ms, and the "Minimum timer resolution" is 15.625ms. In "Wanted timer resolution" I set it to 0.50 like most, and enabled the option "Enable custom timer resolution*", and in "ISLC polling Rate (ms) it is set to 500, also following most.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Leopold wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:54 am
Wagnard wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:39 am

Friend, I also have an R5 5600x, and I'm noticing a lot of stuttering. You mentioned not the "polling rate", but the "Wanted timer resolution". Did you manage to find an ideal value? I saw in your images that you put the value of "The size is at least" in "2192" instead of 1024 as most people put it. I also saw that you put "11824" in "Free memory is lower than", unlike most that put half of the total memory value. Could you explain better why you put these values? In my case I have 2x16gb of 3600MHz. On my ISLC, the "Total system memory" shows 32683 MB, so I set "The size is at least" to "1024 MB" like most, and "Free memory is lower than" to "16000 MB". On my ISLC, the "Current timer resolution" is 0.5ms, the "Maximum timer resolution" is 0.5ms, and the "Minimum timer resolution" is 15.625ms. In "Wanted timer resolution" I set it to 0.50 like most, and enabled the option "Enable custom timer resolution*", and in "ISLC polling Rate (ms) it is set to 500, also following most.
The ideal values are the one provided by default.