A problem occured with one of the modules (when uninstalling AMD gpu drivers)

lemiath

Post by lemiath »

GPU: 5700XT
CPU: 5600X
MB: GIGABYTE GAMING X X570
WINDOWS 10

LOGS (TOO LONG FOR PASTEBIN): https://gist.github.com/ImDeuce/36b3d20 ... 6674d87137

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: A problem occured with one of the modules (when uninstalling AMD gpu drivers)

Post by Wagnard »

lemiath wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:05 am GPU: 5700XT
CPU: 5600X
MB: GIGABYTE GAMING X X570
WINDOWS 10

LOGS (TOO LONG FOR PASTEBIN): https://gist.github.com/ImDeuce/36b3d20 ... 6674d87137
Did you try another shot? on the log you game me, it seems the cleanup completed.

Edit: I was able to find out why this happened in you case. I will fix this in a future version.
The problem is minor and the cleanup should have gone as expected.
lemiath

Re: A problem occured with one of the modules (when uninstalling AMD gpu drivers)

Post by lemiath »

It went through with the uninstallation and after reinstalling my drivers after the restart, my audio no longer worked on any device, tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times, as well as dduing realtek and reinstalling it and still didn't work. Ended up having to use the system restore point to solve it.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

lemiath wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:12 pm It went through with the uninstallation and after reinstalling my drivers after the restart, my audio no longer worked on any device, tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times, as well as dduing realtek and reinstalling it and still didn't work. Ended up having to use the system restore point to solve it.
When the audio is not working, do you see the driver installed in device manager ? no yellow exclamation mark ?
lemiath

Post by lemiath »

I used a system restore point to go back to the bad drivers but with audio, but when I checked at the time there was no exclamation mark, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling through that as well as realtek drivers but couldn't get it to work unfortunately.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

lemiath wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:22 am I used a system restore point to go back to the bad drivers but with audio, but when I checked at the time there was no exclamation mark, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling through that as well as realtek drivers but couldn't get it to work unfortunately.
Just a guess here, maybe windows selected another sound driver by default instead of your realtek.
Anyway, the issue mentioned at first with the module error will be fixed on the next release and the cleanup should go as expected on your system with no error message.
Sorry for the inconvenience.