NVIDIA Installer Cannot Continue

Mertotastic

Post by Mertotastic »

So I have been having problems with my GPU driver crashing for a long time until I have had enough. I uninstalled my drivers via DDU and tried the re-installation process manually. For some reason the driver that was presented through web (version 472.12) gave the error "NVIDIA Installer Cannot Continue" due to compatibility problems which there were no apparent ones. So I downloaded the latest Game-ready driver from Geforce Experience and was able to play just fine. But after I turned OFF and ON my computer, I continued to have the same driver crashes I had before. I don't know what to do other than keep uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, any help is appreciated. My laptop model is MSI GE66 Raider 10UG with RTX 3070.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: NVIDIA Installer Cannot Continue

Post by Wagnard »

Mertotastic wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:24 am So I have been having problems with my GPU driver crashing for a long time until I have had enough. I uninstalled my drivers via DDU and tried the re-installation process manually. For some reason the driver that was presented through web (version 472.12) gave the error "NVIDIA Installer Cannot Continue" due to compatibility problems which there were no apparent ones. So I downloaded the latest Game-ready driver from Geforce Experience and was able to play just fine. But after I turned OFF and ON my computer, I continued to have the same driver crashes I had before. I don't know what to do other than keep uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, any help is appreciated. My laptop model is MSI GE66 Raider 10UG with RTX 3070.
Check for a bios update. Also you could try to turn off windows fast startup.