The Game Won't Run on My Computer (Potential DDU Issue)

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: The Game Won't Run on My Computer (Potential DDU Issue)

Post by Wagnard »

bisky25 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:26 am Hello everyone, I'm looking for some assistance with a problem I'm having with DDU on my PC. I was wanting to replace my NVIDIA card with an AMD card, so I watched this video from beginning to end. I followed all of the instructions to the letter. I was ultimately unable to fit the GPU into my setup and reverted to my prior NVIDIA GPU. I restored the drivers, but now my computer is acting strangely. I can do typical stuff like browse the internet and access word documents, but when I try to start a game like Call of Duty, the PC simply shuts down. Reinstalling Windows, running a clean driver install, rebuilding the computer, reinstalling the game, and repairing the game are all things I've attempted. But nothing appears to be working.
A pc that shutdown directly is sign of a hardware issue.
Check if all power plug are correctly connected.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Ultime

Post by Ultime »

bisky25 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:26 am Hello everyone, I'm looking for some assistance with a problem I'm having with DDU on my PC. I was wanting to replace my NVIDIA card with an AMD card, so I watched this video from beginning to end. I followed all of the instructions to the letter. I was ultimately unable to fit the GPU into my setup and reverted to my prior NVIDIA GPU. I restored the drivers, but now my computer is acting strangely. I can do typical stuff like browse the internet and access word documents, but when I try to start a game like Call of Duty, the PC simply shuts down. Reinstalling Windows, running a clean driver install, rebuilding the computer, reinstalling the game, and repairing the game are all things I've attempted. But nothing appears to be working.
The fact that you mention you performed a windows clean install without re-using ddu after and still have the problem instantly remove DDU as the potential fault.

Remove and put it back in the PCIe slot, deplug and reconnect the power cables going to the gpu (check connection at both ends).

if still not help, test the card in an other desktop or try using an other powersupply for testing.