AMD Chipset missing files after using DDU

vitor_stwr

Post by vitor_stwr »

Hi!

I'm quite new to using DDU, despite having used this tool a few times. I use the tool with its default values and recently I noticed that when doing this, some files on my AMD Chipset seem to be deleted.

After I use the DDU and go to the chipset installer in the control panel, the chipset installer shows me a message saying that some files are missing and therefore cannot continue.

I would like to know if there is any option or procedure that I can do while using the DDU tool that prevents it from deleting these files so that I don't have to reinstall the chipset every time I use the DDU.

Specs:

Windows 10 21h1
APU: Ryzen 3 2200G
Motherboard: Asrock A320M-HD
16gb ram

I would like an answer that solves the problem, but any information will help. So thanks in advance to those who comment here! :D

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: AMD Chipset missing files after using DDU

Post by Wagnard »

vitor_stwr wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:36 pm Hi!

I'm quite new to using DDU, despite having used this tool a few times. I use the tool with its default values and recently I noticed that when doing this, some files on my AMD Chipset seem to be deleted.

After I use the DDU and go to the chipset installer in the control panel, the chipset installer shows me a message saying that some files are missing and therefore cannot continue.

I would like to know if there is any option or procedure that I can do while using the DDU tool that prevents it from deleting these files so that I don't have to reinstall the chipset every time I use the DDU.

Specs:

Windows 10 21h1
APU: Ryzen 3 2200G
Motherboard: Asrock A320M-HD
16gb ram

I would like an answer that solves the problem, but any information will help. So thanks in advance to those who comment here! :D
Hi,
This is usually not supposed to happen and I would like more details about this.
What chipset installer specifically, screenshot of error message, the DDU Logs folder would help us a lot.

Are you using other tools to clean with DDU ?

Thanks
hexenciler

Post by hexenciler »

Hello, latest version also deleted my amd chipset drivers. I had to install it again.

Version : DDU v18.0.5.1

DDU Logs: https://we.tl/t-iPP2DcgzVG

Didnt take the screenshot but i remember when try to uninstall or after restart "restart after ddu" windows cannot find file "C:\Program Files\AMD...." or "C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD...."

Last Edit: I used DDU v18.0.5.0 a week ago, maybe chipset driver was broken at that time and i realized it now. Let me reproduce error with New Version.

Test Edit: my concerns were true. It was broken from previous DDU. Last DDU working as intented. You can delete my entire post :)
Last edited by hexenciler on Tue May 24, 2022 8:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

hexenciler wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:07 am Hello, latest version also deleted my amd chipset drivers. I had to install it again.

Version : DDU v18.0.5.1

DDU Logs: https://we.tl/t-iPP2DcgzVG

Didnt take the screenshot but i remember when try to uninstall or after restart "restart after ddu" windows cannot find file "C:\Program Files\AMD...." or "C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD...."

Last Edit: I used DDU v18.0.5.0 a week ago, maybe chipset driver was broken at that time and i realized it now. Let me reproduce error with New Version.

Test Edit: my concerns were true. It was broken from previous DDU. Last DDU working as intented. You can delete my entire post :)
Thanks for the confirmation !
CaroleThielMD12

Post by CaroleThielMD12 »

Does this happen often? gartic phone
ryunohige7

Post by ryunohige7 »

I was concerned about this too. One of the first results when searching DDU tutorial on YouTube it mentions to uncheck all the options in the "AMD Specific Options" section if you have a AMD CPU. I'm soon going to have to do a DDU on a AMD GPU with a AMD CPU so I was worried about it uninstalling AMD chipset drivers also.

https://youtu.be/bE4gD1FkIA8?t=435