Progress with latency

fraz

Progress with latency

Post by fraz »

Hi,

I've found this utility as I'm currently working on a system to smooth out latency issues on an AsRock X99 Extreme 4 with an Intel Xeon E5 2698 V3 now these are cheaper.

I've had latency issues but not too serious - I've got some improvement but hope to improve the situation:

I've reached 57 minutes or so in Latency Monitor application - Using a Nvidia GT710 (basic) sound card - with the high definition audio driver removed and only the basic driver installed.

ISLC has been used as a clock presumably - and up until 58 minutes approximately the results were amazing - Then a spike occurred with the NT Kernel mode driver to 347 uS (micro seconds) (not Nvidia) - So I figure there must be a way that isn't too complicated to prevent this from happening as it was all good for quite a long time.

Yes there are page faults (hard) or soft - probably hard -

This isn't a serious problem but I'm trying to really smooth out the whole latency issue over time if this is possible - Any good help / suggestions really appreciated - And btw CPU power management has been tinkered with slightly so I'm not sure what else can be done.

I'm on Windows 8.1 64 - But results are similar in Windows 10 as well - Thanks - And please message soon - Thanks

Progress with latency

Sponsor

Sponsor

theresafoss

Re: Progress with latency

Post by theresafoss »

fraz wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:58 pm Hi, geometry dash lite

I've found this utility as I'm currently working on a system to smooth out latency issues on an AsRock X99 Extreme 4 with an Intel Xeon E5 2698 V3 now these are cheaper.

I've had latency issues but not too serious - I've got some improvement but hope to improve the situation:

I've reached 57 minutes or so in Latency Monitor application - Using a Nvidia GT710 (basic) sound card - with the high definition audio driver removed and only the basic driver installed.

ISLC has been used as a clock presumably - and up until 58 minutes approximately the results were amazing - Then a spike occurred with the NT Kernel mode driver to 347 uS (micro seconds) (not Nvidia) - So I figure there must be a way that isn't too complicated to prevent this from happening as it was all good for quite a long time.

Yes there are page faults (hard) or soft - probably hard -

This isn't a serious problem but I'm trying to really smooth out the whole latency issue over time if this is possible - Any good help / suggestions really appreciated - And btw CPU power management has been tinkered with slightly so I'm not sure what else can be done.

I'm on Windows 8.1 64 - But results are similar in Windows 10 as well - Thanks - And please message soon - Thanks
Yes, it is not a serious problem. I suggest you try disabling unnecessary background processes. Close any unnecessary programs or processes running in the background. Some applications, especially those that consume a significant amount of system resources, may contribute to latency spikes. By reducing the number of active processes, you can potentially improve system responsiveness.