*Fixed* I messed up and I'm looking for a bit of help. Nvidia PhysX

Paradoxicaily

Post by Paradoxicaily »

So i read online that I need to uninstall Nvidia Graphics drivers and PhysX in the control panel before I use DDU, I did so for the Graphics, but I thought PhysX was its own thing, not Nvidia and didn't see it, so I didn't remover it. Then I booted into safemode and rand DDU.
Now I'm left with Nvidia PhysX on my PC and I cant Uninstall it with my current level of understanding.
When I try to uninstall it I get the Error: C:\Program Files\Nvidia Corporation\Installer2\InstallerCore\NVI2.DLL "The specified module could not be found."
I think that's saying I need something removed in DDU to remove PhysX. I know this is my fault, I saw later that its an option you need to select in one of the form posts on here.
Im hoping you're gonna tell me to fix this I only need to Run DDU again with that option enabled. My AMD Radeon 6700xt is having some trouble now with its drivers, and I'm hoping this is the issue. If I need to just delete the files, I can find them aswell, but I assume people say to uninstall them for a reason. So while I have found them, I haven't done anything to them in my file manager. I also do know where it is in my control panel so if its just booting that in administrator, then let me know.

Thanks for reading, any help would be great!
Last edited by Paradoxicaily on Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: I messed up and I'm looking for a bit of help. Nvidia PhysX

Post by Wagnard »

Paradoxicaily wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:32 pm So i read online that I need to uninstall Nvidia Graphics drivers and PhysX in the control panel before I use DDU, I did so for the Graphics, but I thought PhysX was its own thing, not Nvidia and didn't see it, so I didn't remover it. Then I booted into safemode and rand DDU.
Now I'm left with Nvidia PhysX on my PC and I cant Uninstall it with my current level of understanding.
When I try to uninstall it I get the Error: C:\Program Files\Nvidia Corporation\Installer2\InstallerCore\NVI2.DLL "The specified module could not be found."
I think that's saying I need something removed in DDU to remove PhysX. I know this is my fault, I saw later that its an option you need to select in one of the form posts on here.
Im hoping you're gonna tell me to fix this I only need to Run DDU again with that option enabled. My AMD Radeon 6700xt is having some trouble now with its drivers, and I'm hoping this is the issue. If I need to just delete the files, I can find them aswell, but I assume people say to uninstall them for a reason. So while I have found them, I haven't done anything to them in my file manager. I also do know where it is in my control panel so if its just booting that in administrator, then let me know.

Hi, can you email me the ddu folder logs so I can check the current state? [email protected]
It's probably nothing serious
Paradoxicaily

Post by Paradoxicaily »

Nevermind, editing because I found the logs, I'm sending them now.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Paradoxicaily wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:47 pm Nevermind, editing because I found the logs, I'm sending them now.
Its in the DDU folders .
Check the DDU options, you may have forgotten to tick the checkbox to remove physx.
If it's only that, just do another shot of ddu with that option.
Be sure to use the latest version if ddu
Paradoxicaily

Post by Paradoxicaily »

Dude you are the best, sorry for taking up your time, thanks for the info :) Ill make sure I have the newest version.
UbaldoFeest

Re: *Fixed* I messed up and I'm looking for a bit of help. Nvidia PhysX

Post by UbaldoFeest »

I am facing a similar problem, should I ask it here, or have to start a new thread?
Jhony65

Post by Jhony65 »

I'm encountering a similar issue—should I address it in this thread or initiate a new one?
Zummyar

Post by Zummyar »

Jhony65 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:08 pm I'm encountering a similar issue—should I address it in this thread or initiate a new one?
There's two of us already. Maybe we should create a new topic
DevonIrvin

Post by DevonIrvin »

Have you made the new thread?
ashoka232

Post by ashoka232 »

Paradoxicaily wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:32 pm So i read online that I need to uninstall Nvidia Graphics drivers and PhysX in the control panel before I use DDU, I did so for the Graphics, but I thought PhysX was its own thing, not Nvidia and didn't see it, so I didn't remover it. Then I booted into safemode and rand DDU.

I'm experiencing the same issue and have looked on every forum without success.