Post DDU, Install GeForce Experience, or GameReady Driver?

SergeTroy

Post by SergeTroy »

It's honestly been a long time since I used DDU. I've been using GeForce Experience to keep my NVidia Drivers up to date, but I'm assuming that after running DDU I'll probably uninstall both the drivers as well as GeForce Experience. With that in mind, do I install the driver itself first (and it *possibly* has GeForce Experience included) and GeForce Experience secondly? Or do I perhaps install GeForce Experience and use that to update the PC? I need to double check myself but I believe I am supposed to keep the internet disconnected until after the Installation process so I am currently thinking I install the Driver itself first, restart, and then reconnect the Internet followed by possibly - as needed - installing GeForce Experience. Let me know if I'm being a dummy and got certain steps out of order, or if I'm plain forgetting something. Thanks everyone, this is a solid lifesaver of software.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Post DDU, Install GeForce Experience, or GameReady Driver?

Post by Wagnard »

SergeTroy wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:31 pm It's honestly been a long time since I used DDU. I've been using GeForce Experience to keep my NVidia Drivers up to date, but I'm assuming that after running DDU I'll probably uninstall both the drivers as well as GeForce Experience. With that in mind, do I install the driver itself first (and it *possibly* has GeForce Experience included) and GeForce Experience secondly? Or do I perhaps install GeForce Experience and use that to update the PC? I need to double check myself but I believe I am supposed to keep the internet disconnected until after the Installation process so I am currently thinking I install the Driver itself first, restart, and then reconnect the Internet followed by possibly - as needed - installing GeForce Experience. Let me know if I'm being a dummy and got certain steps out of order, or if I'm plain forgetting something. Thanks everyone, this is a solid lifesaver of software.
The driver have the option to install Gefore experience. Just let it do it.
But If you want to be on the safe side, you can do just like you say. You can add geforce experience after without a problem.
SergeTroy

Re: Post DDU, Install GeForce Experience, or GameReady Driver?

Post by SergeTroy »

Wagnard wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:16 am
SergeTroy wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:31 pm It's honestly been a long time since I used DDU. I've been using GeForce Experience to keep my NVidia Drivers up to date, but I'm assuming that after running DDU I'll probably uninstall both the drivers as well as GeForce Experience. With that in mind, do I install the driver itself first (and it *possibly* has GeForce Experience included) and GeForce Experience secondly? Or do I perhaps install GeForce Experience and use that to update the PC? I need to double check myself but I believe I am supposed to keep the internet disconnected until after the Installation process so I am currently thinking I install the Driver itself first, restart, and then reconnect the Internet followed by possibly - as needed - installing GeForce Experience. Let me know if I'm being a dummy and got certain steps out of order, or if I'm plain forgetting something. Thanks everyone, this is a solid lifesaver of software.
The driver have the option to install Gefore experience. Just let it do it.
But If you want to be on the safe side, you can do just like you say. You can add geforce experience after without a problem.
Awesome, thanks Wagnard!