DDU fails to fully remove Nvidia driver?

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: DDU fails to fully remove Nvidia driver?

Post by Wagnard »

onobugohro wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:01 am I used DDU to uninstall my graphics driver in safe and normal mode; it works, but the resolution does not return to where it was before; it remains at 4k; it says basic display adapter, so I assume it is uninstalled. But then Windows automatically downloads a fairly old Nvidia driver, which I solved by concealing the update, and then I download my new driver and go to install when it still says basic display adapter and says deleting old driver first but completes the install. Everything is good after that; everything works perfectly with the new driver. It didn't used to do this; instead, it would switch to reduced resolution and not automatically install an old driver. I ran disk checks and found no corruption. I'm just wondering whether something is left over. There's nothing seriously wrong with it; it works perfectly.
The display configuration is left there atm. Technically it's not Nvidia leftover but more a configuration that Nvidia set to Windows that I do not remove.

Re: DDU fails to fully remove Nvidia driver?

Sponsor

Sponsor