Corrupted Windows 10 from using DDU???

Cassuairtall

Post by Cassuairtall »

So I had just installed the newest version of DDU today, version 17.0.5.3

I am running a Windows 10 OS (Pro), with an NVIDIA Gtx 960 (manufactured by EVGA).

I'm using no additional software for OC'ing, but I do use MSI Afterburner to set my own custom fan speed on the card.

I have used DDU multiple times before this with no errors. Also, I have system restore disabled on my OS, with no backups currently. I was running version 378.49 NVIDIA driver, and when I DDU'ed it in safe mode basket random, the computer restarted really slowly and couldn't boot up properly. I was forced to unplug the power, and once it booted up Windows seem to be working very badly: Network connection services do not work (even though I can still connect to my network just fine on my phone and other laptops still), hardware is no longer recognized (E.G doesn't recognize my I5 4690 CPU anymore),

I'm not exactly sure what happened, but all I know is upon running DDU (the clean drivers and restart computer option in safe mode) Windows stopped working properly, and I don't know what to do from here.
Last edited by Cassuairtall on Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Corrupted Windows 10 from using DDU???

Post by Wagnard »

Cassuairtall wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:53 pm So I had just installed the newest version of DDU today, version 17.0.5.3

I am running a Windows 10 OS (Pro), with an NVIDIA Gtx 960 (manufactured by EVGA).

I'm using no additional software for OC'ing, but I do use MSI Afterburner to set my own custom fan speed on the card.

I have used DDU multiple times before this with no errors. Also, I have system restore disabled on my OS, with no backups currently. I was running version 378.49 NVIDIA driver, and when I DDU'ed it in safe mode, the computer restarted really slowly and couldn't boot up properly. I was forced to unplug the power, and once it booted up Windows seem to be working very badly: Network connection services do not work (even though I can still connect to my network just fine on my phone and other laptops still), hardware is no longer recognized (E.G doesn't recognize my I5 4690 CPU anymore),

I'm not exactly sure what happened, but all I know is upon running DDU (the clean drivers and restart computer option in safe mode) Windows stopped working properly, and I don't know what to do from here.
This version of DDU is way outdated and unsupported , 18.0.6.9 is the latest.