DDU driver update exclusion.

Rattus

Post by Rattus »

Good day all.
I'm a new member and have a question regarding DDU v17.0.7.1.
I used DDU to remove all nVidia driver and software from my win 10 PC which has been having random freezes, but so far now seems stable, whoopee!
I followed the recommendations and did this from safe mode and when I launched DDU and clicked clean and restart, a message popped up saying driver was now blocked form automatic windows update. I take it this is just the graphics driver and this can be reset by launching DDU in safe mode again and clicking the Reset default windows update button?

Thank you in advance for your advise.

Rattus

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: DDU driver update exclusion.

Post by Wagnard »

Rattus wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:55 am Good day all.
I'm a new member and have a question regarding DDU v17.0.7.1.
I used DDU to remove all nVidia driver and software from my win 10 PC which has been having random freezes, but so far now seems stable, whoopee!
I followed the recommendations and did this from safe mode and when I launched DDU and clicked clean and restart, a message popped up saying driver was now blocked form automatic windows update. I take it this is just the graphics driver and this can be reset by launching DDU in safe mode again and clicking the Reset default windows update button?

Thank you in advance for your advise.

Rattus
Yes, you got that most all right.
No need. To go to safe mode if you just intend to hit the button that restore the windows update settings to default.
Also, it doesn't apply only to gpu, it's all or nothing. That's is why there is an option to set it back at default after you installed your new drivers.
Hope it helps
Rattus

Re: DDU driver update exclusion.

Post by Rattus »

Thank you Wagnard. That makes sense as my AV didn't update.
Unfortunately my PC froze again so this hasn't sorted my issues.
But, thanks again and I'll be a regular on this forum.
All the best.
Rattus
Barrygaday

DDU driver update exclusion

Post by Barrygaday »

I am at my dads house for Xmas and I heard his Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB making a lot of noise inside of his case. The right side fan was spinning off-kilter and hitting the shroud. I submitted an RMA through Gigabyte and sent the card back today.

Since this process will likely take two weeks, I installed one of my old GTX 560Ti cards so he could use the computer in the mean time. When installing new Nvidia drivers, the installation black screens halfway through and the computer is unresponsive until hard restart. The computer then freezes during Windows 10 x64 bootup. I have to boot in safemode, run DDU, and then try the installation again. Unfortunately the same thing happens every time. I have tried 388.71 and 378.92, the same thing happens with both. Currently the only driver that works is the basic Windows display adapter driver.

Any recommendations on what drivers and/or installation process would allow this card to be functional until the 1060 comes back?

Thanks