[Help] Nvidia Drivers will not install after DDU [Fixed]

NGialluca

Re: [Help] Nvidia Drivers will not install after DDU [Fixed]

Post by NGialluca »

I also am at my wits end. its my first build and I've followed all instructions with this and no matter what I do I am forced to recover or re install :( I really need help here, please

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barrygaday

Help Nvidia Drivers will not install after DDU Fixed

Post by Barrygaday »

There was NO nVidia driver package thingy in Control Panel - Programs, to uninstall. Just 2-3 items like Physicsx and Experience. Was running the 344.16 driver I think it was. Have not checked how it looks now with the 344.48 driver.
pheveStefe

Help Nvidia Drivers will not install after DDU Fixed

Post by pheveStefe »

Comming from AMD for many years, updating drivers were kinda strange. No way to uninstall the whole driver package, just Physicsx and Experience. Then I had to go to the card hardware, driver and uninstall. This was strange for me. Do they just want us to install the new driver, without first removing the older one?

So; which is the best/correct way to update from one driver version to a another on nVidia cards?
lochwood

Post by lochwood »

Hello do you think you can help me with this issue as well?
orianajonathan

Post by orianajonathan »

For example, this always happens in the form of a helping hand. I’ve been trying to fix the problem for the last 24 hours and I’ve been on all the forums it seems like there is only one solution. Thanks
PhatJ420

Post by PhatJ420 »

Wagnard... DDU has been most helpful in allowing me a workaround on keeping Nvidia Control Panel advanced settings. That said, Win 11 Pro Official has been installed for 2 days. I used DDU, installed the 12/2020 standard driver for my DGPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti. It resides in the "dock" of Surface Book 3 i7 32gb. Using GeForce Experience, standalone standard driver... FAIL. From Dev mgr, DGPU is most certainly installed but with the 10 month old driver. I go to update through dev mgr. The newest driver is on my system but when I go to update it: access denied.

I'm very much hoping you can help. I will send logs from the email address that I registered here with.

Also, if necessary, I am a fan of TeamViewer.

Update on the logs... there aren't any. Seems to be a permissions issue but maybe one you can still help me fix.

James
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

PhatJ420 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:09 am Wagnard... DDU has been most helpful in allowing me a workaround on keeping Nvidia Control Panel advanced settings. That said, Win 11 Pro Official has been installed for 2 days. I used DDU, installed the 12/2020 standard driver for my DGPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti. It resides in the "dock" of Surface Book 3 i7 32gb. Using GeForce Experience, standalone standard driver... FAIL. From Dev mgr, DGPU is most certainly installed but with the 10 month old driver. I go to update through dev mgr. The newest driver is on my system but when I go to update it: access denied.

I'm very much hoping you can help. I will send logs from the email address that I registered here with.

Also, if necessary, I am a fan of TeamViewer.

Update on the logs... there aren't any. Seems to be a permissions issue but maybe one you can still help me fix.

James
Hi, just send me for now the DDU log folder at [email protected]