Black screen after using DDU

Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) is a driver removal tool that can help you completely remove AMD (ATI), NVIDIA and Intel graphics drivers.
2vlado
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:30 am

Re: Black screen after using DDU

Post by 2vlado »

I used the latest DDU 18.1.6.1. I don't know how to disable windows basic display driver. So I doubt I disabled it by chance. I was thinking if this problem has something to do with UEFI boot. My machine uses UEFI boot and this graphics card doesn't have UEFI video bios.
User avatar
Wagnard
Site Admin
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:18 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1

Re: Black screen after using DDU

Post by Wagnard »

2vlado wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2026 10:53 am I used the latest DDU 18.1.6.1. I don't know how to disable windows basic display driver. So I doubt I disabled it by chance. I was thinking if this problem has something to do with UEFI boot. My machine uses UEFI boot and this graphics card doesn't have UEFI video bios.
That would probably trigger it. Maybe enable CSM. Because probably you don't even see the bios or windows logo configured like that.
2vlado
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:30 am

Re: Black screen after using DDU

Post by 2vlado »

I found that CSM was already enabled. I tried to disable it and boot the system. During POST a message showed that the installed graphics card doesn't support it and CSM will be enabled. Is there any way how to boot from external media and install video driver to the win 10 OS installed on SSD? Or instruct windows to download and install video driver from windows update?

Edit: I managed to restore display output. I had to temporarily install different graphics card, install nvidia drivers and then turn off, switch graphics cards, and boot.