Black screen after using DDU
-
2vlado
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:30 am
Re: Black screen after using DDU
I used the latest DDU 18.1.6.1. I don't know how to disable windows basic display driver. So I doubt I disabled it by chance. I was thinking if this problem has something to do with UEFI boot. My machine uses UEFI boot and this graphics card doesn't have UEFI video bios.
-
Wagnard
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2060
- Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:18 pm
- Location: 127.0.0.1
Re: Black screen after using DDU
That would probably trigger it. Maybe enable CSM. Because probably you don't even see the bios or windows logo configured like that.2vlado wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2026 10:53 am I used the latest DDU 18.1.6.1. I don't know how to disable windows basic display driver. So I doubt I disabled it by chance. I was thinking if this problem has something to do with UEFI boot. My machine uses UEFI boot and this graphics card doesn't have UEFI video bios.
-
2vlado
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:30 am
Re: Black screen after using DDU
I found that CSM was already enabled. I tried to disable it and boot the system. During POST a message showed that the installed graphics card doesn't support it and CSM will be enabled. Is there any way how to boot from external media and install video driver to the win 10 OS installed on SSD? Or instruct windows to download and install video driver from windows update?
Edit: I managed to restore display output. I had to temporarily install different graphics card, install nvidia drivers and then turn off, switch graphics cards, and boot.
Edit: I managed to restore display output. I had to temporarily install different graphics card, install nvidia drivers and then turn off, switch graphics cards, and boot.